Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24

This day nine years ago was my "due date" with Mason. I was so excited to find out that he was due on my beloved grandfather's birthday (where the second middle name, Carter, comes from), even though I knew how rare it was for babies to come on their due dates. Little did I know that Mason and God had a completely different plan that involved another week of being pregnant and a totally worth the wait, April Fools Day birth. Today, in my inbox was Mason's birthday club email from Cold Stone Creamery. Mason's 9th birthday would be next week. How I wish I could once again enjoy the simple things like ice cream with him. I truly enjoyed every second with him. There were certainly times that his insomnia wore on me but I still enjoyed being with him. It is hard to comprehend that this birthday will mark two without him here and we still haven't gotten to the bottom of all of the events surrounding his death. I have been thinking a lot lately about how big he would be now if he were still here. He was really getting tall. I wonder how close to my height he would have been by now and if I would still have been able to carry him around. I really can't wait to see him again, but I have to.

3 comments:

  1. The waiting is so hard, isn't it?

    I love the baby picture. I thank God for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having a peace-filled week...was just thinking about you! Just LOVE that baby picture of your little man:)

    ReplyDelete