Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring

All of our snow has finally melted and we've had really nice weather for the past few days. The mornings have been cool, the days warm, and the evenings, a mix of the two. We went out last night and while we were driving to where we needed to go, the smell of the air hit me. For a few seconds I had a flashback and it felt like we were going to baseball practice. I had smelled that same scent in the air on the way to practice so many evenings. I was quickly brought back to reality by the absence of chatter from my first baseman. That smell is back in the air and kids are back on the fields. We should have been heading to practice but our player isn't here anymore. It is hard not to feel like he was taken from us but we have to trust in God's perfect plan. It is hard not to want to just stay inside and not smell that scent in the air and repeatedly be reminded that we won't be going anywhere with or for Mason anymore. I will breathe in the air though, and remember that it is a gift from God, just as my sweet boy is. I will miss his physical presence more that words could ever explain, until we meet again and his love will live in my heart until then. I will remember Mason's soft hair, his big blue eyes, his smile full of half out and half in teeth, his laugh and how he cracked himself up, his rhythm, his feet in Chuck Taylors, his style, the music of his voice and the depth of his thoughts, the crazy stuff he did with his cat, his 100% enthusiasm, his hugs and kisses, so many things, how he loved everybody - even people who got on his nerves, how he loves me and how I love him. Always.

2 comments:

  1. Someone said to me the other day "the people you love don't really die, because they live in your heart forever." True, so true. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous that I didn't know him this side of heaven.

    One day...

    ReplyDelete