Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Time for a Change

I started blogging on Mason's eighth birthday, the first birthday that we didn't get to spend with him, which was just a few weeks after he died and also on a Wednesday, the day that he went to be with God. For over a year I have been posting every week, on Wednesdays, but at least for the time being I feel like I've run out of thoughts to share so I am going to record the journey monthly now instead. I can hardly believe that it's been sixteen months since I saw my sweet boy's beautiful face. In some respects, it feels like he was just here and in others it seems like so long since I touched him that I can barely stand it. I don't miss him any less and the pain is still something that words just can't describe. I don't really understand any more now than I did then but I have learned to trust more in God and believe that He is in control and has it all perfectly worked out. Some days I just have to remind myself more than others.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. I have been posting pics for Mark's name gallery instead of my sorrow because I just feel like no matter how hard I try to make "everyone" understand how awful it is to lose a child...how the hurt doesn't go away and how every minute of every day is filled with the longing to hold them again...there is just no way that anyone can really grasp such a loss. And, sometimes, I think that people try not to think about it because it is just so awful. Too bad we have no choice.

    Thinking of you and praying for you.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete