Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blogging from Afar

Today I blog from the Mediterranean Sea. This is our first full day in the land of Israel and this is the first trip that we have taken without Mas. I was looking forward to not being home over the first "anniversary" of his death and the first days after, but when our plans were changed because of snow, I realized, even though we wanted to be away, God wanted us to be home, and it was for the best (duh). I had no idea how hard it would be to leave home. I don't think Mason is in our house, so I'm not completely sure why it was so hard to walk out the door. It's not really any easier now that we've gotten here. Our tour bus is big enough and our group is small enough that we can have open seats beside us. It's nice for stretching out and stashing backpacks. The empty seat next to me, like the hole in my heart, would surely be filled if Mason were here though.

2 comments:

  1. Trusting in God is an all or nothing kind of deal, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that your trip will be a wonderful experience....sure would like to hear about it when you get home. Our pastor and his wife left today for a trip to the Holy Land - looking forward to their pictures, as well.

    Have a blessed trip.

    ReplyDelete