Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Too Much

I had a thought yesterday morning that I should put off running my errands because I just didn't feel like going out, but I don't like to procrastinate and since I'm on call and never know what to-do's tomorrow will bring, I decided to stick to my routine. I should have just stayed home and in the end I did put off some of what I had to do because I just didn't have any more left in me. Grocery shopping was uneventful but successful and my stop at the post office was fairly pleasant. When I got to Target I was so tired that I couldn't keep my eyes open so I took ten and when I woke up, I remembered that I had to stop at the bank, the salon and the library. I generally have a particular order about things so I left the Target parking lot, stopped at the salon quickly and then went to the bank which is where things went bad, fast. I had not one, but three tellers with no apparent compassion tell me that I could not do business on Mason's account because there was some coding error on it and I was not on the account, even though I am the one who set it up and have done all of the business with it thus far! There was nothing that I had to do that couldn't be done another day and while I waited for a manager with tears streaming down my face (not my style) watching a little boy run all over the place, I seriously considered just leaving, but one of the tellers (who had left the area) still had some of my paperwork. So I pretty much had to wait or make an even bigger scene by asking for it back. The manager wasn't as terrible as the tellers were, but she was cold and accusatory, since she surely wasn't going to admit that the bank had made an error. The tears continued (really not my style) and the life drained out while I explained everything for the 1000th time, stunned at the lack of customer service, nevermind compassion, as I had to talk over the teller counter with people coming and going around me. I left, still not getting what I intended to do done, but with her promising to be in touch after she got to the bottom of the problem. I was so upset that I forgot about the library and went back to Target. I apparently missed the memo that it was 'Bring your little boy to Target day', presumably because I no longer have a little boy. There were little boys with their mothers everywhere. At least 75% of the people shopping were moms with one little boy. The baby department seemed huge and there were so many new clothes in the boys section that I should have been buying for Mas. The toys that I no longer have a need to buy were marked in flashing neon and the baseball equipment aisle looked as big as the whole store. My iced caramel macchiato from Starbucks was good though. I finished at Target and went back to the library for the book that Jenny needed for a school project. I tried to make myself feel better with some fries from McDonald's but even they were half done and salty so I just went home, but home isn't as good as it used to be either. Yesterday was just too much.













4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that... ((HUGS)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. “There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.”
    washington irving

    I will pray for God to comfort your heart today. The "unspeakable love" that you have in your heart for your precious Mason comes through loud and clear. He was a very lucky boy to have known such extravagant love from his Mama.
    May God bless you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you stopped by my blog today..and left a comment, too. And on a morning where my heart is full of Tyler - and the missing him is so intense today. (Sometimes, I feel the whole world is full of redheads!) :)

    I promise I will pray for you today..right now. Hugs - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you. I feel like every sweet little boy in the entire world finds me...just to remind me that mine isn't here any more.

    It sure does hurt.

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete